Most tenderizing marinades are basic ingredients:
• An acid or enzyme – like lemon or lime or mango
• Herbs & spices – Italian seasoning mix is a good flavor to add
• Garlic – mince it finely or use a garlic powder – always a popular choice
• Don’t forget the salt & pepper. Soy sauce or other salty favorites can be added.
Tips for marinades:
• Steak marinade is perfect to use on tougher, less expensive cuts of beef like tri-tips, sirloin, chuck, sizzlers.
• Discard used marinade or boil it for 2-3 minutes to ensure it reaches 165 degrees to use it again.
• For best results, use marinade on meat when both are at room temperature. Beef steaks are muscles – they like to be room temp before cooking.
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1 clove of garlic, minced (or more to taste)
2 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 sprigs fresh thyme (or ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl or freezer bag
Add up to 2 pounds of steak & marinade at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours
Remove steaks & discard marinade
Grill or broil to desired doneness.
Marinade refrigerated will last in a mason jar for up to 2 weeks.
Prep time 10 minutes