4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 lemon juiced
1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock
3 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1. Trim chicken breast, removing excess fat, tendons and silver skin
2. Combine the flour, lemon zest (1/2 a lemon zested), salt & pepper. Dredge the chicken in flour mixture.
3. Heat olive oil over medium high heat & cook chicken about 4-5 minutes per side or until just until cooked through. Cook in batches if you cannot fit into pan. Remove from pan & place in a dish to keep warm.
4. In the same pan, melt 1/4 cup butter & add flour to create a roux. Whisk until smooth. Cook 1-2 minutes.
5. Gradually stir in chicken broth whisking after each addition until smooth.
6. Add lemon juice, white wine & capers. Simmer 3 minutes, whisking occasionally.
7. Add chicken back to pan & simmer 2-3 minutes. Stir in parsley & serve over cooked pasta.